Are you fascinated by history? A history minor pairs well with almost any major and can give you added skills to succeed in fields such as law, education, library sciences, museum study, and public service.
Our History Minor program is designed for students like you who are interested in History and its supplemental courses applicable in your major. The history courses we offer will teach you to evaluate competing interpretations, gather evidence to prove an argument, and develop your historical imagination through working with primary source materials. The skills you learn will help you succeed in fields such as law, education, library sciences, museum study, government, and a variety of industry and services.
Declaring the Minor
- Complete 6 courses (18 units)
- 9 units must be from "History Areas and Methods" courses specified below
- 9 units must be upper-division courses (300 – 499 level courses)
- Tier 1 Gen-Ed courses (150s and 160s) cannot be counted toward this minor
History Methods Course
- HIST 301: Introduction to Study of History