Earn up to six units of credit and gain real-world skills while interning as a History major.
Where Can I Intern?
Some of our students had previously found internships with the following organizations:
- Arizona Historical Society
- University of Arizona Press
- Jewish Community Relations Council and Holocaust Center
- Arizona State Museum
- Office of History at Davis Monthan Air Force Base
- Smithsonian Institution
Want to do an internship in a museum abroad? Check out the University of Westminster study abroad program in London, which places all visiting students in internships throughout the city.
Found Your Own?
You may also seek out your own internship opportunities and, with prior approval from the history internship advisor, receive internship credit.
- Complete HIST 493: Internship (3 units)
- 10 hours/week working on location
- 2 hours/week working on related writing/reading
- Complete 15 – 20 pages of writing
- Evaluation by a faculty member as well as your on-site supervisor
- Grades of S/P, C, D, E, I, or W will be given upon completion
How to Apply for Credit
- Complete an internship application and submit it to Professor Marya McQuirter (email@example.com; mailbox in Chávez 415). Must complete this step by the end of the preceding semester before the internship starts.
- Prepare for an interview.
- Meet with Professor McQuirter to set up a contract and sign up for internship credit.